Animal ambassadors, check. Inspirational speakers, check. Scrummy food, check. Fun activities, check. Something’s missing from our World Animal Day checklist – you! Edgar’s Mission needs you to fill our quota of amazing guests for World Animal Day on 2nd October, 2016.
Please note: tickets for World Animal Day 2016 are now SOLD OUT! Please join our email supporter list to be the first to be notified of events.
On the day
There will be a variety of local animal groups selling cruelty-free goodies and telling you a bit more about what they’re doing for our feathered, furry and finned friends. And heart be still, some of Melbourne’s best cruelty-free fare will be ripe for the taking. The food lineup will get you wondering exactly how many lunches and desserts one can eat in a day (please bring along cash).
Much of what we do here at Edgar’s Mission is to promote kindness and inspire change, and our team of speakers won’t leave you disappointed.
- Welcome to Country
- Pam Ahern – founder and Director of Edgar’s Mission
- David Hancocks – advocate for animals in zoos
- Mark Donnedu – diet and health guru
- Mrs. Monagle’s Ethical Fine Foods – cooking demonstration
- Anna Weatherlake – ethical beauty blogger and nutrition coach
We promise you won’t be bored. We’ll have activities for youngsters and the young at heart, and you’ll be pleased to hear the gumboot toss is back by popular demand. For the more cultured among us (not that tossing gumboots isn’t cultured), the revamped art gallery will have beautiful new prints in recycled wooden frames and canvases available for purchase.
Already thinking about Christmas? We’ll also have lots of new ethical merchandise up for sale – freshly designed Edgar’s Mission t-shirts, calendars, diaries, water bottles, colouring books and Rare Bags. Plus we’ll have gifts that give twice – Best Buddies are a thoughtful present that you can give to friend while also contributing to our lifesaving work.
Last but certainly not least, the Edgar’s Mission animal ambassadors will be there. On the day, you’ll have the opportunity to wander the Walk for the Animals circuit and see the animals pottering about their homes. As ambassadors our residents have so much to teach the world about farmed animals, that they’re intelligent, affectionate if treated with kindness and that they have an unwavering interest in their own lives and wellbeing.
Love animals and want to raise some funds for Edgar’s Mission? We’ll be hosting Walk for the Animals, read more about it here.
Some important information – please read
- Please do get in early as tickets do sell out quickly every year and we hate to disappoint, once they’re gone we can’t go above our licensed allocation.
- Please don’t make the long journey to the sanctuary without a valid ticket. We hate to turn people away but numbers are limited and bookings are essential.
- When you purchase your tickets and enter your details, please enter your mobile number as we’ll use this to send you updates during the day. Your number will not be used for any other purpose.
Our heartfelt thanks to our wonderful sponsors, if you get the chance you should take a look at their top-notch cruelty-free products. Without their generous support, World Animal Day wouldn’t be nearly as amazing: Adorn Cosmetics, Arbonne, Fry’s, Goodwill Wine, Half Pint Dairy, Lord of the Fries, Lush, Mister Nice Guy, Pana Chocolate, Soul Sister’s Harmony, The Cruelty Free Shop, Tofurkey and Vegan Perfection.