‘Tis the Season to be Kind
Christmas is a time of joy, a time of giving, a time to gather with loved ones and celebrate all that life has to offer.
Unfortunately, for our animal friends, joy is often the last thing Christmas time brings their way. Millions of holiday feasts worldwide see the lives of many fun loving pigs and intelligent turkeys brought to an untimely end in the name of celebration. Leading short lives devoid of sunshine, mental stimulation and kindness, for these creatures there is rarely anything to celebrate at all.
But it does not have to be this way. You have the power to make this Christmas a peaceful, joyous and kind time for all – something to truly celebrate. And it really is as simple as what you put on your plate. With our delicious and nutritious cruelty free fare you can still have a Merry Christmas will all the trimmings, except of course animal cruelty and suffering.
Who knows, your kindness may turn out to be the greatest gift you ever give…
More Ways to Make Your Kindness Count This Christmas
- Cruelty, don’t buy it. Never buy products that have been tested on animals.
- Whose skin are you in? The only one who needs a mink coat is a mink! Animals raised for fur live cruel and impoverished lives. Others trapped and killed for their skins often experience torturous deaths.
- Don’t breed and buy when shelter pets die. Always look to animal shelters for a new furry friend but remember that animals are for life, not just for Christmas. Pets should never be given as surprise or impulse gifts.
- Let me entertain you. Humans are capable of some amazing feats of ingenuity. Don’t support circuses that use exotic animals.
- Why not become a Best Buddy to a rescued farm animal? The Edgar’s Mission Best Buddy program also makes a great gift for friends and loved ones. It’s as easy as clicking here to find your new pal.
We know that you, like us, care deeply about animals and would never knowingly wish to cause them harm. However, many of the choices people make in their lives are really not all that kind to animals. At Edgar’s Mission we encourage people to join the dots between thinking compassionately and acting compassionately.
Edgar’s Mission is a farm sanctuary that provides a safe haven for rescued farmed animals. Our public information centre and outreach work seeks to expand the public’s circle of compassion to include all animals.
Whats the kindest thing you did today?
Maybe its Pledging to be Dairy Free this Christmas. As a token of of your kindness, and on behalf of Merle and Pearl we will send you a beautiful eBook full of beautiful photos and delicious recipes from The Kind Cook.