Work Type/s: Full Time
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Location: Edgar’s Mission, Lancefield, VIC
Position Description: Click here to download.
Applications close: Sunday the 29th of January 2017.
Join our passionate team of animal advocates who are creating meaningful change in the lives of farmed animals. This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of an organisation that is growing into one of Australia’s leading animal protection charities.
Edgar’s Mission is a sanctuary for rescued farmed animals based in Lancefield, around an hour’s drive north of Melbourne. Our core purpose is to provide our animal residents with all the conditions necessary to living a long and happy life, while also advocating on behalf of the farmed animals we cannot rescue.
We’re searching for a committed and enthusiastic farm hand to work hands-on in providing high-quality animal care and sanctuary cleaning. Work within a supportive team to maintain and further the smooth running of the sanctuary in areas of hygiene, safety and animal wellbeing. For most of the year we hold weekly tours and host schools and other groups, so helping ensure all visitors have a positive experience at Edgar’s Mission is also integral to this role.
You will have:
- A passion for social justice and animal protection, and be comfortable advocating on behalf of farmed animals.
- Personal commitment to the goals and values of Edgar’s Mission.
- Sound knowledge of farmed animals, an understanding of their needs and experience in their handling.
- Physical fitness and the willingness to perform manual and hands-on work in all weather.
- A professional, responsible and respectful approach to working as part of a team.
- A flexible and proactive attitude.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and use initiative to solve problems.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to work with like-minded people and match your career with your passion.
- A beautiful, rural setting to work in and opportunities to build bonds with the many animal residents.
- The chance to meet and work with experienced animal handlers and animal protection advocates.
- A supportive working environment with prospects for personal and career progression.
How to apply
Please complete the Employment Application Form and send it back along with your resume and a cover letter. Include an explanation of how you meet the requirements outlined in the attached position description in your cover letter.
Please send your applications or queries to [email protected]
Thank you for your interest, we look forward to receiving your application.
Applications close Sunday the 29th of January 2017