Senior Farm Hand/Manager
Work Type/s: Full Time
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Location: Edgar’s Mission, Lancefield, VIC
Position Description: Click here to download.
Applications close: 26th August 2018.
This managerial role also involves direct hands-on care of rescued farmed animals. A key part of this role is working within a team to maintain and further the smooth running of the sanctuary in areas of hygiene, safety, maintenance, paddock rotation, pasture management and animal health. Critical to this role is to oversee high-quality care for rescued farmed animals.
You will have:
- Excellent animal observation skills
- Good interpersonal skills with a positive attitude towards advocating on behalf of farmed animals.
- Personal commitment to the goals and values of Edgar’s Mission and the promotion of kindness.
- Experience in handling farmed animals with sound understanding of their health and behavioural needs.
- Physical fitness and the willingness to perform manual and hands-on work in all weather conditions.
- A professional, responsible and respectful approach to working as part of a team.
- A flexible and proactive attitude with the ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities on a daily basis.
- The ability to follow detailed instructions and use initiative to solve problems.
- Attention to detail in recording of information and execution of tasks.
- Ability to problem solve, apply critical thinking and make sound decisions based on compassion and animal science.
- Reliable with excellent time management skills.
- A current driver’s licence.
- Sound understanding of OHS principles and a commitment to maintaining safe working environments.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to work with like-minded people and match your career with your passion.
- A beautiful, rural setting to work in and opportunities to build bonds with the many animal residents.
- The chance to meet and work with experienced animal handlers and animal protection advocates.
- A supportive working environment with prospects for personal and career progression.
How to apply
Please complete the Employment Application Form and send it back along with your resume and a cover letter. Include an explanation of how you meet the requirements outlined in the attached position description in your cover letter.
Please send your applications or queries to [email protected]
Thank you for your interest, we look forward to receiving your application.
Applications close 26th August 2018.