There are no current openings however we sometimes seek extra farm hands. Please feel free to send through your CV for the position description below and we can keep it on file.
Work Type/s: Full Time
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Location: Edgar’s Mission, Lancefield, VIC
Position Description: Click here to download.
Edgar’s Mission is a sanctuary for rescued farmed animals based in Lancefield, around an hour’s drive north of Melbourne. Our core purpose is to provide our animal residents with all the conditions necessary to living a long and happy life, while also advocating on behalf of the farmed animals we cannot rescue.
We’re searching for a committed and enthusiastic farm hand to work hands-on in providing high-quality sanctuary cleaning. Work within a supportive team to maintain and further the smooth running of the sanctuary in areas of hygiene, safety and animal wellbeing. For most of the year we hold weekly tours and host schools and other groups, so helping ensure all visitors have a positive experience at Edgar’s Mission is also integral to this role.
You will have:
- Sound knowledge of farmed animals, an understanding of their needs and experience in their handling.
- Physical fitness and the willingness to perform manual and hands-on work in all weather.
- A professional, responsible and respectful approach to working as part of a team.
- A flexible and proactive attitude.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and use initiative to solve problems.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to work with like-minded people and match your career with your passion.
- A beautiful, rural setting to work in and opportunities to build bonds with the many animal residents.
- The chance to meet and work with experienced animal handlers.
- A supportive working environment.
How to apply
Please complete the Employment Application Form and send it back along with your resume and a cover letter. Include an explanation of how you meet the requirements outlined in the attached position description in your cover letter.
Please send your applications or queries to [email protected]
Thank you for your interest, we look forward to receiving your application.